Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day 2013 Weather Prediction

WEATHER PREDICTION FOR 5/27/13
While I am no weatherman, I do follow the weather pretty closely and I have been asked to give me weather prediction on days when the weather is a little suspect.  So moving forward, I will give my best guess based on the information that I have available.

Memorial Day 2013 weather definitely falls into the suspect category and this is what I see happening.

The highest percentages for rain are at the start of the day with 80% chance of rain from 5-7 am.  The percentages begin to decrease hourly from 70% at 7-9 am to 60% from 9-11 am followed by 40% from 11am-1 pm.  After 1 pm every hour is in the 20% range.  In general, these weather events tend to move through quicker so hoping that is the case today.  All things being considered it looks to be a slow start this morning but hopefully the rain front will move through by late morning and provide a decent afternoon of golf.  Lastly, I don’t expect the rain to fall hard enough to limit carts for the day but the weather is unpredictable.

Best guess respectfully submitted,

Kurt Sams, CGCS